At the end of a country road, set high in a fynbos valley surrounded by the Cape fold mountains, you will find the idyllic Pat Busch Mountain Reserve. This private nature reserve lies just beyond Robertson in the Cape Winelands, less than 2 hours scenic drive from Cape Town.
Pat Busch is a perfect blank canvas, destination wedding venue with onsite accommodation for up to 100 guests. Wedding couples will enjoy exclusivity of the reserve and our wedding package includes onsite accommodation, newly renovated banquet hall with high ceilings and exposed trusses, furniture, décor, crockery, cutlery, glassware and more.
This Reserve can accommodate up to 100 overnight guests sleeping onsite, more with our bell tent glamping option or in nearby establishments. Weddings of up to 120 pax can be hosted without the need to hire any additional equipment, but much larger events have been hosted as there are few limits with this unique natural venue.
Couples have the freedom to plan the wedding of their dreams with our blank canvas venue with very few limitations. They will enjoy a wedding weekend with family and friends in a variety of quaint cottages, upmarket Africamps boutique glamping tents, and a large Farmhouse for the extended family. There are numerous ceremony areas from which to choose ranging from the jetty overlooking the mountain dam, to a poplar forest with a stream, a poolside setting with rolling lawns or a lush meadow with mountain views, or a firm favourite is beneath the ancient oak tree. Any venue are or a combination can be used for the ceremony, pre-drinks and the reception.
Couples have the freedom to not only arrange a pre-wedding informal DIY ‘Meet & Greet’ the night before the wedding, (which is the perfect opportunity to catch up with family & friends), but also an informal DIY Farewell breakfast the day after the wedding. Here the newlyweds have a chance to say final thank yous and goodbyes to their wedding guests, expressing gratefulness for making lifelong wedding memories together.
Imagine celebrating your once in a lifetime special weekend on a private mountain reserve with family and friends staying onsite within walking distance. This reserve has very few limits and no noise curfews, so the music need not be switched off and the celebration can continue for as long and loud as desired. The bar need not close at a certain time and couples are welcome to supply their own liquor, therefore corkage fees do not apply. Catering enjoys the same freedoms in that couples are welcome to contact one of the reserves many recommended caterers, or the bride and groom can source their own chef to suite their palate and budget.
The Pat Busch Reserve will supply a detailed contact list of recommended professional service providers who are all more than willing to assist with any facet of the wedding. Services ranging from caterers, DJ’s, coordinators and planners, make-up and hair, to photographers, tent and dance floor suppliers, extra lighting and bar services, and many more. The choice of service providers is up to the couple’s preferences and budget.
The Reserve has been offering weddings for several years now and in that time has built up good relationships with contacts both local and from Cape Town. Couples are also welcome to use the reserve as a blank canvas venue, sourcing their own service providers and building the weekend wedding of their dreams.
What sets the Pat Busch Mountain Reserve apart :
- Idyllic natural and private setting on a private reserve surrounded by mountains
- On site accommodation for up to 100 guests, with plenty of space for more options
- Less risk of drinking and driving, fewer shuttles required, guests are more at ease & celebrate longer into the night
- Includes furniture, crockery, glassware and cutlery for up to 120 guests
- Bigger weddings a possibility since there is ample outdoor space with numerous other accommodation options nearby
- Various outdoor venue options onsite so each stage of the celebration happens in a new area
- Freedom to select own service providers with no limits, incl. catering and bar stock to suit your palate and budget
- No curfews, no sound limits, no limited bar hours
- No corkage as the venue is not licensed
- Less than 2 hours scenic drive from Cape Town
- Numerous natural backdrops for stunning wedding photos
- Situated on the longest wine route in the world offering numerous activities for guests to enjoy over the weekend
- No hidden costs, one basic package includes everything you need for a down to earth country wedding for up to 120 guests.
- Premium venue areas (which are more remote than our standard venues), and optional extras such as special décor and furniture are available at an additional cost if selected (NB: these are not compulsory and entirely at the couple’s discretion. Prices are available as per detailed stock lists supplied).
- Although a nature reserve, all family members of the wedding couple are allowed to attend the wedding… including family pets.